Monday, December 30, 2013

Almond Biscotti

Who doesn't love biscotti? A delightful little breakfast cookie (lets be honest, it's a cookie) enjoyed with coffee or tea. My favorite is almond, but you can make it pretty much any flavor. My grandmother makes a delicious cherry dark chocolate. Maybe I'll try that recipe next! I tried this recipe a few months ago (found here, but adapted to my preferences) and honestly had several people tell me I should quit my job and become a baker. The thought crossed my mind for a brief second, but I realized I couldn't have a bakery that just made biscotti. I guess I'll have to try baking a few other things before that dream comes to fruition.







Almond Biscotti

1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 cup sliced almonds 
3 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, and extracts.  Add eggs and mix, then add the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Mix in almonds.   

Shape dough into 2 4-by-10-inch logs on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until pale golden, about 30-35 minutes. Transfer logs to a wire rack and cool completely.
Using a very sharp, serrated knife, cut logs into 3/4 inch slices and arrange on a clean baking sheet, cut side down.  Bake biscotti until golden, about 25 minutes.  
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!
Store biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments :

Post a Comment